- What is the age requirement to be eligible for this competition?
All entrants must be 18 years or older.
- May I submit my work in any language?
No. All submissions must be in English.
- What is the deadline for submitting my novella?
All submissions must be received by midnight Eastern Time on July 15, 2017.
- Are there any exceptions for late entries?
- May I submit more than one novella?
Yes. You can enter as often as you like. Each entry needs to be submitted as a separate entry. You will need to pay the readers/entry for each submission.
- Do I have to live in the US to submit my work to this competition?
No. Submissions are accepted from writers anywhere in the world.
- My book was written in Spanish and has now been translated into English. Is it eligible for this competition?
Yes, as long as the manuscript has not been published in any language.
- Will the competition judges know my identity?
No. The competition is blinded. Only the prize coordinator knows your identity. Reviewers and judges will not know the names of the writers of the work they are reading.
- Will I be able to keep the content rights of my work if I enter the competition?
Yes. You own the copyright for your work.
- Are there particular topics that you prefer?
No. All topics are considered.
- How do I enter?
Please go to the “Submit here” page of the website and follow all directions.
- I notice the opening date for submission is May 1, 2017. May I submit before May 1, 2017?
We will only accept submissions beginning May 1, 2017.
- How should I prepare my document for submission?
Please read the specific submission guidelines on the submission page of this website.
- What is the word count of a novella?
17,000 – 40,000 words
- Will I receive feedback about my work?
- Once I submit my work, can I go back and change something?
No. Once your manuscript has been submitted it goes to readers.
- I write under a pen name. May I use my pen name to submit my novella?
No. Please use your given name.