- Applicant may apply only once per submission cycle, regardless of genre.
- Only online submissions are accepted through our submission manager, Submittable. Miami Book Fair assumes no responsibility for manuscripts not received due to user error. Applicants may verify the receipt of their manuscripts by logging into Submittable.
- There is no fee to apply.
The following materials must be included IN ORDER as a SINGLE file (acceptable files are PDF, DOC, DOCX, TXT, RTF). Any applications that do not comply with this strict formatting will be immediately disqualified. Application file must include:
- Cover letter with contact information (name, phone number, mailing address, email address), title and genre of manuscript-in-progress.
- Proposal to complete a manuscript-in-progress that can be feasibly completed within the year-long fellowship (not to exceed one single-spaced page). Must include synopsis of project.
- Statement of need: Tell us why it is important that you receive this fellowship now.
- Sample of manuscript-in-progress (paginated, include name and title of manuscript in header):
- Prose: 70 – 100 pages in Times New Roman, double-spaced, with one-inch margins.
- Poetry: 20-30 pages in Times New Roman, single-spaced (unless style requires special formatting)
- CV (education, professional experience, publication list, honors and awards, etc.)
- Name the document [LASTNAME]_[FIRSTNAME].doc (example: Smith_Jane.doc)
Applicant must also request that two recommendation letters be sent to Ismery Pavon at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail within seven (7) calendar days after the application deadline:
Miami Book Fair @ MDC
Attn: Ismery Pavon
300 N.E. 2nd Avenue, Freedom Tower
Miami, FL 33132
The Miami Book Fair Emerging Writer Fellowships are supported by The Jorge M. Peréz Family Foundation at The Miami Foundation.