Saturdays, September 26 – December 12 | 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. EST. (no discussion Nov. 21 or Nov. 28)
In partnership with the National Book Foundation, Miami Book Fair will be hosting a series of online book presentations for young people, creating an opportunity for dialogue between NYC and Miami students around this year’s National Book Award honorees. Each week, a moderator will discuss one of the ten longlisted honorees of this year’s National Book Award in Young People’s Literature. Stay tuned for surprise guests!
For more info about the ten longlisted books, visit:
For any questions, please contact Ismery Pavon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us for a free moderated book presentation each week:
- September 26 @ 1 p.m.: Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas Moderator: Aurora Dominguez from Frolic Media
- October 3 @ 1 p.m.: King and the Dragonflies by Kacen Callender Moderator: Kalyn Lee from Breakthrough Miami
- October 10 @ 1 p.m.: Apple: (Skin to the Core) by Eric Gansworth Moderator: Ismery Pavon
- October 17 @ 1 p.m.: Trowbridge Road by Marcella Pixley Co-Moderated: Valarie Carey from Brooklyn CARES Mentoring and Miguel Pichardo from South Florida CARES Mentoring
- October 24 @ 1 p.m.: Every Body Looking by Candice Iloh Moderator: Suze Guillaume from Well Read Black Girls
- October 31 @ 1 p.m.: Lifting as We Climb: Black Women’s Battle for the Ballot Box by Evette Dionne Moderator: Neki Mohan
- November 7 @ 1 p.m.: How We Got to the Moon: The People Technology, and Daring Feats of Science Behing Humanity’ Greatest Adventure by John Rocco Moderator: Miss Penny Bernath Channel 2
- November 14 @ 1 p.m.: When Stars Are Scattered by Victoria Jamieson & Omar Mohamed Moderator: Abduni Morris from 5,0000 Role Models
- December 5 @ 1 p.m.: We Are Not Free by Traci Chee Moderator: Brittany King from Dream Defenders
- December 12 @ 1 p.m.: The Way Back by Gavriel Savit Moderator: Mary-Margaret from CultureShockMiami