Dear Friends of the Fair:
Friends of the Fair have access to reserve and purchase tickets two weeks in advance of the general public.
Beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, October 17, 2016, Friends of the Fair members will be able to use the information below to login, select, and purchase tickets from the Miami Book Fair schedule.
If you are a Friend of the Fair who has purchased your membership online or used the IMG ticketing system before, you already have a customer number and password, and therefore you are a Returning Online Customer. (If you have forgotten your password, you will have the option to reset it.)
If you are a Friend of the Fair who has not used the system before, then you will receive starting Monday, 10/17 an email from IMG Ticketing with your customer number and PIN. You will then log in under Existing Box Office Customer and choose Link My Account. (If you have not received this information by Monday, 10/24, or if you’re having difficulty logging into the system, please call the IMG Box Office directly for assistance: 305.460.6575).
Login and Purchasing Instructions:
- Go to miamibookfair.com/friends
- At the bottom of the page, click on the pink box that says Friends of the Fair: Click here to purchase Tickets.
- This link will redirect you to the IMG ticketing system.
- Select Sign In.
- Provide your customer number, or email and password. (If you use your email, be sure that it’s the same one associated with your Friends of the Fair membership.)
- You will first be prompted to select your complimentary Evenings With ticket(s). Make your selection. (You’ll be able to purchase more tickets for Evenings With at a later time.)
- Follow directions to complete a Word Verification screen and select Continue.
- You will see a message that explains that your ticket(s) will be emailed to you as a PDF file upon check out.
- Click Add to Cart and then Continue Shopping.
- You will see a menu of categories including: Opening Event – Trevor Noah, Evenings With Author Sessions, Weekend Author Sessions, LipService, Special Event – Bernie Sanders, Fairground Admissions, and Friends of the Fair Memberships.
- Choose your category and select the number of tickets you would like, per event.
- As you navigate through each category, you will pass through a Word Verification screen and you’ll need to click Add to Cart and Continue Shopping until you’ve made all the purchases you want in that category.
- Once all the tickets you want have been added to your cart, select Check Out.
- Please provide your credit card information and click on Submit Payment.
- You will receive your tickets via email as a PDF file; however, if the document is very large, you will receive it in two emails.
Please note the following:
- Your Friends of the Fair membership already includes Fairground Admissions. You have the option to purchase additional Friends Memberships and Fairground Admissions in the event that you want to buy a membership or fairground admission for others.
- LipService Presents: True Stories, Out Loud is a ticketed event. Don’t miss Miami’s very own live storytelling event!
- There is a handling fee of $2 for each ticket purchase.
- Please be sure to print your tickets in order to show them at the door for entry to all ticketed events.
- Weekend Author sessions in Chapman, including Bernie Sanders’ presentation, will be FREE, but they still require printed tickets.
- All ticketed seats will be held for up to 10 minutes before the start of each session, at which time they will be released to individuals in the “Stand By” line.
- During the weekend you MUST show your Friends badge upon entry into the Fairgrounds. Please keep your badge with you and allow time for the entry process at any of the five gates.
- Your Fairgoers Guide and Badge(s) will be mailed in the next couple of weeks to the address you provided on your application.
- Free parking is available Sunday, November 15, through Sunday, November 22, in the MDC parking garage located at 500 NE 2nd Avenue. Entrances to the garage are on NE 5th and 6th Streets. Space is limited and parking is not reserved. Plan to arrive early.
- The Friends of the Fair Table will be on the ground floor of Building 3 in front of the escalators. The table is staffed with volunteers to assist you with any questions you may have. (Your complimentary tote bag will be available for pick-up at the Friends table any time during the Evenings With Author Sessions and the Weekend Book Fair hours, November 13 – 20.
- Writers, Agents, Editors-in-Chief, Publishers, and Chairman Circle Friends of the Fair members have access to the Friends Hospitality Lounge during the Weekend Fair, November 19 and 20.
Many of you have been Friends of the Fair for many years. We sincerely appreciate your continued support of Miami Book Fair, and we warmly welcome those of you who are new.
Should you have any questions regarding logging in and ticketing, please contact IMG Box Office at 305.460.6575. For all other inquiries about your membership or the Miami Book Fair, please contact Friends of the Fair Liaison, Gabriela Suarez at 305.237.7881.