Dear Friends of the Fair:
Friends of the Fair have access to reserve and purchase tickets in advance of the general public.
As a Friend of the Fair, you can reserve and purchase tickets two weeks in advance of the general public, starting this Monday, October 7 at 12 noon.
You may use the information below to access and select “Evenings With” tickets and weekend author sessions in Chapman tickets.
You will receive an email from SquadUP containing your unique link and promo code reflecting the value of the comped tickets associated with your Friends Membership level. Once you have selected your tickets, go to your shopping cart and enter your promo code. This will discount the value of the comped tickets associated with your Friends Membership level.
To start, you will need to enter the hidden ticket code provided in the email you receive from SquadUP for each event that you wish to obtain tickets (both free and paid events). Based on how many free tickets your Member level contains, it will automatically decrease the value of your order in the shopping cart once you checkout. After you have selected your ticket (s) for your first event, you may continue shopping just by selecting the “Add to Cart” option, and hitting the “Back” button on the top of the page to go back to all events. Once you have selected all of your events you wish to obtain tickets for, please select the “Checkout” button and proceed to finalize your order.
Please note the following:
- Your Friends of the Fair membership already includes Fairground Admissions. You have the options to purchase Friends Memberships and Fairground Admissions in the menu only in the event that you wish to purchase another membership or fairground admissions for someone else.
- There is a handling fee of two dollars on each ticket purchase.
- Once you reserve your tickets, SquadUP will email you a PDF of your tickets to print (check your spam mailbox if you don’t receive an email). Please be sure to print your tickets to show them at the door for entry to all ticketed events. Your receipt and tickets will be delivered from email@example.com.
- Weekend Author sessions in Chapman are free but they still require tickets.
- VIP Friends seating in Chapman will be held for up to 10 minutes before the start of each session, at which time they will be released to the general public.
- During the weekend, you MUST show your Friends badge upon entry into the Fairgrounds. Please keep your badge with you and allow time for the entry process at any of the five gates.
- Free parking is available Sunday, November 17 through Sunday, November 24 in the MDC parking garage located at 500 NE 2nd Entrances to the garage are on NE 5th and 6th Streets. Space is limited and parking is not reserved. Plan to arrive early.
- Valet parking is available for $7 at the SE corner of NE 5th Street and Second Avenue.
- The Friends Table will be on the ground floor of Building 3 in front of the escalators and will be open an hour before and during Evenings With events. The table is staffed with volunteers to assist you with any questions that come up during the Fair. (Your complimentary gift will be available for pickup at the Friends table 15 minutes before Chapman presentations throughout the week of November 17 – 24.)
Many of you have been Friends of the Fair for many years. We sincerely appreciate your continued support of the Miami Book Fair, and we warmly welcome those of you who are new.
Should you have any questions regarding the ticketing process, please contact SquadUP at 305-407-1655 for support.
For all other inquiries about your membership or the Book Fair, please contact Friends of the Fair Liaisons: Lisa Better at firstname.lastname@example.org or Annalisa Damley at email@example.com or by calling 305-237-7837 or 305-237-3258.